Overblog Suivre ce blog
Editer l'article Administration Créer mon blog
19 février 2012 7 19 /02 /février /2012 13:27

 

RoyalMonaco_testata.jpg 
 

ROYAL MONACO  WEB MAGAZINE 

  

PAGINA WEB AMBASCIATA D'ITALIA NEL PRINCIPATO DI MONACO   
  ►http://www.ambprincipatomonaco.esteri.it/Ambasciata_Monaco/  

RETROUVEZ NOS ARTICLES SUR "ROYAL MONACO JOURNAL" BIMENSUEL DE IL FOGLIO ITALIANO
FEVRIER BLOG RANK  78

 

Emperor Akihito’s Heart Surgery Successful

  February 19, 2012 at 5:30 am by

 

http://www.theroyalforums.com/links/

 

View the full image at Daylife

The Imperial Household Agency has reported that Emperor Akihito is recovering well from his heart bypass operation yesterday, Saturday February 18th.

“As far as operations go, it probably could not have proceeded any better,” Doctor Minoru Ono said during a press conference following the operation’s completion at the University of Tokyo Hospital. Doctors from the Juntendo University Hospital also assisted in the operation, in which doctors used a blood vessel from the Emperor’s body to repair the blocked artery.

Doctors said that the Emperor is expected to start his rehabilitation mid-week, and should be able to return home in approximately two to three weeks, barring any complications. Doctor Ono reported that the Emperor was in good spirits, and enjoyed the visit of his wife, Empress Michiko, and daughter, Sayako Kuroda (formerly Princess Nori).

The Emperor, who turned seventy-eight in December, had to undergo heart surgery after an angiogram performed last weekend revealed the narrowing of two branches of his left coronary artery. His health has been an issue for the past decade, after he suffered from prostate cancer in 2003. Ailments in the following years include pneumonia and stomach bleeds.

Filed under Japanese Royals
Tagged , , , .

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Prince Friso in Critical Condition following Avalanche

  February 17, 2012 at 10:36 pm by  

 

UPDATE 19/02/12 at 07:46: Queen Beatrix and Princess Mabel have begun their morning with a trip east to Innsbruck, to be by Prince Friso’s bedside. They arrived at the hospital around half an hour ago. The rest of the family is still in Lech, keeping the children busy with ski school.

A bulletin is expected later today, local time, providing an update on the Prince’s condition.

UPDATE 18/02/12 at 21:53: The latest RVD update, from 15:00 local time, states that there has been no change in Prince Friso’s condition. Princess Mabel returned to the hospital in the late afternoon, accompanied by Prince Constantijn and her sister, Nicoline Wisse-Smit. It is believed that the Princess’s mother has also arrived in Austria.

UPDATE 18/02/12 at 07:59: Queen Beatrix and Princess Mabel have left the hospital in Innsbruck and are heading back to Lech. The RVD said that the medical staff has requested limitations on the number of visitors to the Prince. Reports state that Prince Willem-Alexander and Prince Constantijn are still at the hospital.

A press conference will take place at 16:00, local time, with the leader of the rescue operation, Mr Markus Amann.

Contradictory reports are being published by the Dutch media, citing the Innsbruck hospital and another journalist as sources, relating to the Prince’s injuries – we will wait for confirmation from the RVD regarding Prince Friso’s injuries and condition, likely to be within the next few days.

UPDATE 18/02/12 at 03:07: Queen Beatrix and Princess Mabel have arrived at the hospital in Innsbruck to be with Prince Friso this morning (February 18th, central European time). Other members of the family are expected to arrive shortly as well.

In a brief statement to the press earlier this morning from Lech, the Prince of Orange said that the family did not have any updates on the Prince’s condition, and that while the family appreciates all the attention from the media and public, they wish to be left alone during this initial period.

17/02/12 at 22:36: Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau is currently in a critical but stable condition in an Innsbruck hospital following an avalanche in the ski resort of Lech am Arlberg earlier today, local time.

The prince was skiing with a friend when freshly fallen snow gave way and caused an avalanche. Prince Friso, second son of Queen Beatrix, was buried underneath the snow for approximately fifteen minutes while rescue workers attempted to free him. He was flown to a hospital in nearby Innsbruck, during which he had to be resuscitated.

Dutch media reports that Prince Friso suffered a fractured skull and is in a coma, however nothing has been confirmed by the Dutch Royal Court apart from the Prince being in a critical but stable condition, with further diagnosis expected in several days time.

Queen Beatrix and Princess Mabel, wife of the Prince, have been by his bedside. Brothers Prince Willem-Alexander and Prince Constantijn flew into the area with their families in the evening.

Click here to read updates on the Prince’s condition.

Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged , , , .

Partager cet article

Repost 0
Published by royalmonacoriviera - dans ROYALE
commenter cet article

commentaires

Présentation

  • : ROYAL MONACO RIVIERA ISSN 2057-5076
  •  ROYAL MONACO RIVIERA      ISSN 2057-5076
  • : Royal Monaco Riviera web magazine fondé par Luigi MATTERA est le PREMIER site online de Monaco en presse écrite . Royal Monaco Riviera, il primo sito online del Principato divenuto cartaceo.ARTE, CULTURA, SOCIETA' della Riviera Ligure e Costa Azzurra!
  • Contact

Recherche