6 septembre 2018
Held on Tuesday September 25 on the eve of the Monaco Yacht Show, the Monaco Yacht Summit is a key event for end-user clients and their advisors looking to enter or understand better the world of yachting. Potential yacht purchasers, charterers and their representatives will attend a series of informative panel discussions with acknowledged experts from across the superyacht industry.
Four panel discussions will cover different topics in yachting to deliver insights and provide guidance from a client perspective:
1. Myth busting Challenging assumptions and addressing common misconceptions about the charter, purchase, building, ownership and operation of superyachts. Speakers: Dirk de Jong, Richard Lambert, Jaqueline Lyne
2. Experience & exploration From the Mediterranean to further afield, investigating destinations and activities that yachting enables clients to access and enjoy. Speakers: Fiona Maureso, Geordie Mackay-Lewis, Farouk Nefzi
3. Design to delivery Using the case study of a recent new build project to highlight the yacht design and construction process from initial inspiration to completion. Speakers: Mark Cavendish, Ben Harrison Jim Evans
4. The owner interview Yacht designer Espen Oeino and a superyacht owner discuss the vital ingredients that contribute to the 'fun factor' from a yacht ownership point of view Speakers: Espen Oeino and guest owner.The panel discussions will be moderated by Charles Dence, a specialist consultant with a superyacht brokerage background.
Face to face meetings
In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with selected specialists to answer their questions reading different aspects of yacht charter, purchase, construction, operation and ownership.
1. Charter a superyacht
Covering different aspects of yacht charter as a charterer and owner: Cruising regulations, tax and customs, insurance, contracts and the role of the charter broker & charter manager.
Speakers: Sophia Tutino
2. Build or buy Key points to consider before and during a yacht purchase: Finding a broker, choosing a shipyard, negotiations, purchase and build contracts, finance, surveyors, project teams, design, refits and refurbishment.
Speakers: Richard Lambert, Anouch Sedef, Federico Rossi
3. Tenders & toys Guidance on choosing tenders and water toys, plus specialist submarine and helicopter integration and operation expertise.
Speakers: Louise Harrison, Jonny Mutch, Richard Booth
4. Operations Understanding yacht management: Crew, safety, compliance, maintenance, budgeting; flag, insurance, VAT, registration.
Speakers: Jo Assael, John Cook, Xavier Lamadrid, Glenn Weiss
Published by ROYAL MONACO
ARTE & CULTURA